Our Earth Balm is freshly made for us by hand by a Swiss pharmacy.
It contains healing ingredients from our mother earth. The main ingredient of our ointment is the good old larch pitch – tree resin from the larch tree, collected in nature.
The other active ingredients are St. John’s wort oil, arnica oil and calendula oil in PhEur or phH quality (for these qualities, in addition to the guaranteed minimum of active ingredients, you also have proof that no pesticides or hazardous substances are contained).
Wherever possible, all ingredients come from Switzerland and otherwise from Europe. The can is made of metal and is therefore 100% recyclable and, like the labels, comes from our neighbouring country Austria.
In the traditional medicine of the alpine countries larch resin has been appreciated for centuries, it is one of the oldest and most important ointments, which in the old days was found in every home apothecary.
The properties of larch resin are based on the following effects:
- Promotes blood circulation
The traditional uses of this natural wonder weapon are as follows:
- Wound healing of superficial injuries such as abrasions or chafing.
- Insect bites, eczema, boil.
- Muscle aches, tensions, strains, sore muscles, headaches.
- Nerve pain, joint inflammation, rheumatism, gout.
- Sore throat, cold, cough (facilitates the expectoration of mucus).
- Drawing ointment, for example for splinters.
- Larch pitch is also often used in veterinary medicine.
St. John’s wort oil, arnica oil and calendula oil come from well-known medicinal plants, all of which have similar fields of action (anti-inflammatory, analgesic) to larch pitch, they complement and strengthen the effect of the ointment.
Attention: for external use only, caution is advised with babies and non-children due to the high content of essential oils.